This week I recommend the post by Kevin T. Baker! Haven’t had a chance to read much this week with the 2nd season of Overwatch League starting. GO DEFIANT!
This week I recommend the excellent articles by apenwarr and Ben Cox. Honorable mentions to the DNS privacy post by Bert Hubert.
- Forget privacy: you’re terrible at targeting anyway by apenwarr
- What would a EvE online Internet look like? by Ben Cox
- EA’s Troubled Decade Of Star Wars Games by Jason Schreier
- The big DNS Privacy Debate at FOSDEM by Bert Hubert
- mastodon is not just a server (and why that’s not necessarily a good thing) by ash lea
Whoa, we are in February already! This week, I recommend all of the articles. That’s right, they are all really interesting!
- It’s great that Epic is trying to compete with Steam, but they’re going about it in the worst way by John Walker
- The Route of a Text Message by scott b. weingart
- Modchips by Trammell Hudson
- To Whom Does Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ Owe Its Sound? by Lauren Michele Jackson
- Your Apps Know Where You Were Last Night, and They’re Not Keeping It Secret by Jennifer Valentin-DeVries, Natasha Singer, Michael H. Keller and Aaron Krolik
This week I recommend the article about DS9’s depiction of black fatherhood!
- Deep Space Nine Is TV’s Most Revolutionary Depiction of Black Fatherhood by Angelica Jade Bastién
- Spotify data shows how music preferences change with latitude by Cathleen O’Grady
- RouterOS and Switching, finally by K-roy
This week I highly recommend the piece by Ava Kofman about the issues with wi-fi networks!
- Something Is Broken in Our Science Fiction by Lee Konstantinou
- Silent Shout by Ava Kofman
- BGP in 2018 — The BGP Table by Geoff Huston
- In 2019, We Need to Learn How to Break a Perpetually Tied Game by Austin Walker